3.28.2013

Feeling inspired...and not

For all of my five readers, my sincerest apologies for not posting since...January. But really, I haven't felt that inspired. At least not enough to write about it. Until now.

I don't know if it's because Spring Break is hours away, or all the recent and exciting Pens trades, or the happiness that comes from a manicure and a beer, but I'm giddy. I could run a marathon right now except that I hate running. I've been singing a lot (thank you, Kelly Clarkson, for being the first American Idol). And I've been getting shit done (except vacuuming). I really, really don't quite know what has come over me. So what has been inspiring me lately?

Work
I KNOW, RIGHT?! There is a thrill that comes with a new semester, new faces, and new/old colleagues. I've been blessed with the greatest collaborative teacher to walk this planet (hyperbole? no) and a new administrator to respect and who makes me feel energized. It's been really good. For as much misery I felt last semester, it could not feel more different this semester. And while I'm really glad about this, so is everyone around me.

Snow
I wandered around UVa grounds the other day after the snowfall. It felt great to just walk around (and tackle more steps than I usually do in a day) and snap some photos. I should've gone out earlier, when the snow was more pure, but how can this be a disappointing sight? I am lucky.




Food
Last week I had a discussion with the Husband about what my dream job would be. My answer? Writing about food. Whether it was blogging or restaurant reviewing or WHATEVER, I would be happiest doing just that. Why? Well, because I'm tiny and have the appetite of a dangerously obese person, and I'm going to take advantage of that until my metabolism really slows down (don't hate). I know I'll pay for this some day. But until then, I have an idea for a summer project/new blog and I'm really looking forward to June when I can get started.

Travel
Sunday we leave for the West Coast, which is apparently the best coast. I'm not so sure about that, but I'm keeping an open mind. What am I looking forward to on the trip? Visiting family and friends. Driving along the 101. Streetcars. And staying at gorgeous places from Airbnb. Plus, it's the first time that I've actually traveled somewhere fun during spring break (post-college, that is), which is pretty awesome.

Reading Material
Flight Behavior (Barbara Kingsolver) and Where'd You Go, Bernadette? (Maria Semple) are two of the best things I've read. Ever. Any book that can make the heart swell (along with the eyes) is worth it.
thugkitchen.com (If you don't like the F word, don't visit this site.)
Thomas Jefferson and wine (The Billionaire's Vinegar and Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee). Give me a better combination. I dare you.

Shopping
I lost control a couple weeks ago and sold my soul to White House Black Market and then JCrew Factory and then I received my very first Stitchfix. And I have been SO HAPPY and proud of myself for taking baby steps towards branching out (signing up for Stitchfix and trusting clothing choices to a complete stranger is a pretty big step, but I loved everything in my first fix. I decided to keep only one item out of the five, however, due to price and overall need. Sometimes I'm still too practical.). My AmEx is hot and my wallet is empty. Thankfully, I think I'm set for a while.

I promise I'll be better about this. I have a lot to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment