1.06.2013

Top Ten Reasons I'm Over the Moon at Hockey's Return

Hey there, NHL and NHLPA. Glad you pulled your heads out of your tails enough to come to an agreement and give us die-hards the game back (because it's going to take a little bit for those casual fans to come back. Way to screw that one up.). There is no use griping about what went on for the past 113 days. I'm just happy hockey is back and I'm not forced to watch **GASP** basketball.

In no particular order, the reasons for my joy:

10. Matt Cooke, his bad-boy good looks, and the anger that is still under the surface (even if he has pulled it together).

9. Sidney Crosby was lucky (?!) enough to have some extra time to make sure his head is on straight. Looking forward to more magic on the ice.

8. I really hate NASCAR. And the NBA. And golf.

7. We don't have to hear Pittsburgh sports broadcasters bemoaning the Pirates just quite yet.

6. The LA Kings twitter feed is the best. Every other major sport could learn a lot from them.

5. I can wear my jerseys to work and not keep them stuffed in the back of my closet anymore.

4. Because Evgeni Malkin is my favorite goofball, he's not an a-hole like Ovechkin, and he often takes photographs with cute animals:
(image source: http://thisisgettingold.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Malkin-and-a-Dolphin.jpg)
That dolphin is thinking, "I'm score!"

3. There is NOTHING else on television except New Girl and Downton Abbey. I need something to watch. And even if the Pens aren't playing, I'll still watch hockey. Real fans scope out the competition.

2. I'm not looking forward to the horrible camera angles/missed plays on ROOT Sports Pittsburgh or the inane comments out of Pierre McGuire's mouth, but they're like the annoying family member at holidays. You hate that they are there, but it wouldn't be the same without them.

1. Because this
(image source: http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/stanley-cup.jpg)

is the greatest and the players work much harder than other sports to get it. And even if the season is shortened this year, I don't care. I want to see someone raise it (preferably the Pens, but as long as it isn't the Caps or Flyers, I'll live).

#LetsGoPens

No comments:

Post a Comment